Airport Settings

Reaction score
Hi,

My Airport connection works fine (obviously...as I'm posting here...) but the network that I connect to sometimes disappears in my settings. In other words, when I restart my Imac, I sometimes have to add in the network and password again.

As long as the internet is working, I'm happy, but I would be even happier if I didn't have to frequently re-input my network configuration...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jamie

Reaction score
This happens with my intel iMac as well (I'm using an Airport Extreme base and an Airport Express to extend range downstairs and stream iTunes). The iMac will drop the network from time to time, and I have to manually select it again. I've tried everything I can think of, checked every setting, and read posts from here to hellenback . . . problem seems to occur frequently based on posts I've read, but no one seems to have an answer to the problem. Leads me to believe it's just a buggy issue with the iMac airport card or software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.