Low Cost/Freeware CAD software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PB G4
Can anybody suggest some low cost/freeware 3d CAD programs?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Google Sketchup is a free option for Mac or PC. It's no the most user-friendly thing ever, but for simple drawings it works. There are a number of low cost programs available if you go to Best Buy or wherever and look at the cheap software. As far as good options, I don't know that there is one for cheap or free. Good CAD software is very expensive to develop and therefore expensive to buy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You could give this a try: BrlCAD. I have no experience with it, so I couldn't vouch for it, but it is open source and therefore free.

I kinda agree with Jeff on this one, though. Depending on what you plan on doing with it, free software usually gives you what you pay for it... nothing.
If you are planning on doing some more serious work, then I would suggest saving up the cash and getting something that is worth it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
If you go here, fill in the blanks, and Apple gives out several options for CAD software. I don't know the cost or how good any of them are, but it's at least something else to look at.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
I've heard very good things about QCad. The community edition is free but no binary packages are included. Its only 24 euros for the full version, though, which is nothing for a CAD package.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.