Info wanted on ibooks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
Hi there, this is my first of what could be many healthy(and not too boring) posts on this forum. I am soon going to be purchasing a 12" ibook, the factors being that i want something for portability, the price range, and also i'll be buying a powermac at the end of the year. I have a few options where to get my ibook, either from the online apple store(UK) or when i go to New York for a holiday soon with my wife. My questions being are:

1. I want to upgrade the ibook for more ram and a bigger hard drive, how do i check the ibook for the extra ram and bigger hard drive? i dont want to get conned.

2. If i do decide to get one from New York, can anybody point out any good shops in Mahattan?

L

lzasitko

ibook info

citystar2k said:
1. I want to upgrade the ibook for more ram and a bigger hard drive, how do i check the ibook for the extra ram and bigger hard drive? i dont want to get conned.

2. If i do decide to get one from New York, can anybody point out any good shops in Mahattan?

I is fairly easy to figure out. Click on the apple in the top left corner and open about this mac, first screen will tell you how much memory is installed and if you click on more info it will tell you what is in each slot.

To get information on the hard drive click on the icon for the drive and go to the file menu and get info. This will tell you how big the drive partition is and the used space etc.

Can't help you with were to shop in Manhattan

Larry Zasitko

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
citystar2k said:

There is an Apple Store in NYC: http://www.apple.com/retail/soho/
I would suggest going even if you decide not to buy there - Apple Stores are fun places to visit. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.