Parallels update 3060

Reaction score
The latest version of Parallels is 3036, lots of new functions. Has come a long ways since it first came out and the team is doing a great job of making it a very usable product. Way to many new things to go into here, check it out at their website and give it a try. If your a gamer go with Boot camp, but if you run regular programs it could be what your looking for.

OP
James
Reaction score
Woa!...hold off on installing 3036... it has problems... everytime i go to my email program within a few words...less than 15 the darn thing goes poof and i am back to the mac desktop... no parallels. It has also done the same thing even when i wasn't in the email program. I see a flash now and then as it goes off, the old blue screen thing, but it goes so fast you don't have time to read what it is saying...Version 1970 seemed to be real stable, but 3036 is not usable for me anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I can't boot off of my bootcamp partition with it at all. :(

Luckily, it's supposed to be a free upgrade for current Parallel's users when the final version is released.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
I think the main problems with the new beta is in the new free screen resizing. If I right click in Windows on the desktop and set the screen size to one of the old standard Windows sizes (ie 1024 x 768) the problems with poof and gone and continual restarts goes away. If I drag the screen size even one millimeter then run any apps in Windows it gets unstable again and crashes continually.

The USB wait 5-10 secs is gone now when I attach USB devices, however now when I attach the Logitec Quickcam instead of the wait 5-10 secs I get something about an unstable driver has been detected and I get the Blue Screen of Death and a crash dump. Oh well, progress is progress. I am not going to pay $80 for something this unstable. I can't believe they would even ask money for it as buggy as it is. They must be related to Microsoft.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3036 is a newer beta version that they do not have available directly on their main website that has lots of features that 1970 lacks; however, it is also kind of buggy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I use Parallels daily, but need a stable version. I'll hold off.

What are the best new features? I like the window resize, but nothing else looks that radical.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Go to versiontracker.com and type in parallels. There are tons of new and improved features (or will be once they fix the bugs). My favorites are the resizeable window (once it works right with microsoft programs anyway) and the drag and drop files between parallels and osx.

How long you been in Brooklyn? What are you in? I plan to move there very soon (next couple months hopefully).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Go to versiontracker.com and type in parallels. There are tons of new and improved features (or will be once they fix the bugs). My favorites are the resizeable window (once it works right with microsoft programs anyway) and the drag and drop files between parallels and osx.

How long you been in Brooklyn? What are you in? I plan to move there very soon (next couple months hopefully).

I live in Boerum Hill, been here a year now. It's great. I'm biased, but it's probably just about the best neighborhood in Brooklyn, along with Park Slope. Loads of restaurants, bars, shops etc. Just a tad expensive though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
True, all of NYC is expensive - but coming down in price compared to this time last year. I would love to be in the slope, but I really want a brownstone fixedr-upper and there's no way I could afford even a total gut rehab in that location. For the price and size opportunities, as well as beautiful original details, I have been looking at some in Bed-stuy. I know the nabe is really bad in some areas, but I'm almost willing to chance it coming up over the next few years and dealing with it the way it is for now just to be able to get the brownstone I want for the price I am willing to pay. What do you do there? I am looking for an Assistant principal's job.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Having run Parallels since the early beta days, I know better than to load up anything but a "ready" release. I have too many important things running under Parallels to mess it up with a beta build.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
True, all of NYC is expensive - but coming down in price compared to this time last year. I would love to be in the slope, but I really want a brownstone fixedr-upper and there's no way I could afford even a total gut rehab in that location. For the price and size opportunities, as well as beautiful original details, I have been looking at some in Bed-stuy. I know the nabe is really bad in some areas, but I'm almost willing to chance it coming up over the next few years and dealing with it the way it is for now just to be able to get the brownstone I want for the price I am willing to pay. What do you do there? I am looking for an Assistant principal's job.

I'm a Project Manager for a European bank and am located in Midtown.

I'm not sure about NY being less expensive than last year, could well be true but I have heard that NY is the only real estate in the country still going up in price.

If you're looking for a Brownstone building... wow, well I hope you do it. I live in a Brownstone... heh... one floor and renting (!) but I absolutely love it. I'd like to buy late next year on early '08, depending on how work goes here. If I bought my apartment, it'd cost me at least $450,000 and if I bought my building it would cost me more than $2 million (4 apartments). In Bedford-Stuy, it's going to be less, but still pretty expensive. However there are bargains to be had and I think you're looking in a promising area. Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I'm a Project Manager for a European bank and am located in Midtown.

Hey-- *I* was a PM for a European bank in Chicago. (Actually, two different ones.) Small world. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.