• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Anyone seen this problem?

H

Henhouse1

Opened the Disk Utility last week and attempted to repair permissions on my system disk. About 1/3 through the process, a message comes up saying,"Disk Utility has lost communication with the Disk Management Tool. Close and restart Disk Utility". Restart results are the same.

Tried using "Cocktail". Results were the same. Computer is used exclusively for digital audio recording and has never had this problem.

867 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
1.5 Gigs Ram
Os 10.39

Thanks for any help,
Stan Henley:(

OP
H

Henhouse1

Tanks

Thank you a ton. I only upgraded to itunes 7 last month to satisfy my dumbass brother. 4 worked fine for my purposes. My Disk Ute is now working great but I can't get Itunes to re-install. The installer keeps quiting. If it ain't one thing, it's another.
But thanks a mill anyway.

Stan Henley

OP
M

MacHeadCase

Did you try the workaround where you just need to drag your iTunes application on the desktop, etc.? That way you can get to keep your version of iTunes, it would seem.

Anyway, glad your Disk Utility is back to normal again.

OP
H

Henhouse1

work around

Actually, I trashed Itunes completely and deleated the mentioned packages. The reason is that I have also been unable to launch Itunes7 for a few days also.
So I hurled it off of the dock into the abyss in a fit of anger. I then tried to reinstall Itunes4 and it couldn't find some needed files and wouldn't install. So I went to the website, downloaded new V of Itunes7, installer quit!! Clicked on an Itunes soundfile icon on the desktop just for grins and all became normal again. Go figure. Anyway, I'll wait awhile before trying the "program drag only" method for permission repair since that's done now.

Thanks again,
Stan Henley
Junemoon Studios

OP
M

MacHeadCase

Great you got iTunes working again. What would a Mac be without music? :girl:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.