Azureus Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5ghz, 512Mb RAM, 60gig HDD, DVD/CDR, OS 10.4.8
Hi hi,

Now, before any moral high-horses are ridden into the night, I'm not trying to steal films or anything! I'm mearly confused as to why I can't download anything at all with this software, and need some help!

So; when I download a torrent from a website (I've got that far!) and boot into Az, my 'status' sticks on the yellow face. Apparently I have NAT issues. Although I've been a Mac user for a fair while, my networking expertise is somewhat lacking. :blind:

I've tried looking for help on Google, but canny find alot that help! Can anyone help me to get connected to some torrent downloads through Azureus?

I'm using OX10.4.8, and a PBG4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo
Yeah, Port Forwarding on your Router is most likely what you're missing.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Router? Does that mean Airport?! Told you I was a n00b...

My 'set up' goes thusly...

ADSL2+ modem into Airport box...wireless to laptop. Disco.

I've not got a fixed IP addy, so I don't know what that would mean...! Eeb.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So, I've been looking at that port forwarding malarcky and it makes spit all sense to me!

I've got a Thomson Speedtouch 510 v6 modem, and have found the settings IP. Please can someone explain the process in baby speak? I'm not good at this kinda stuff, and want to get downloading a few bits n bobs...! Just to see if it works, of course!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I would highly recommend Xtorrent instead, especially if you're not sure what you're doing with ports, etc. Xtorrent will auto-configure your Airport (as will Acquisition if you'd rather use that).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.0GHz Intel C2D 2GB RAM 120GB Hard Drive
I have a problem too, I can d/l things, but I cant seem to be able to upload, i believe that I opened the port that I use in the shearing preferences...any suggestions?

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okies. I D/L'd XTorrent, and have got something downloading. However, the D/L rate is averaging 0.6kbps and I have a 16meg connection!

Anything I can do to rectify this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.