what's this "?"

Reaction score
While trying to link an image to a forum posting I'm getting some sort of error messgae. It's a small ? inside a blue square box. Any idea what it means?
thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB
It means Safari can't render the graphic, because it's corrupt, or not there at all. It's the same sort of thing as the red "x" in the white box you'd get from Internet Exploder. Check your link.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Core Duo Macbook Pro
I've found this strange with Safari - sometimes it shows the ? even though I can see the image in other browsers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
While trying to link an image to a forum posting I'm getting some sort of error messgae. It's a small ? inside a blue square box. Any idea what it means?
thanks in advance

do you use Safari? try Firefox? it might work that way.

M

MacHeadCase

I've found this strange with Safari - sometimes it shows the ? even though I can see the image in other browsers.

It's like loading the page times out before the images are all in. Usually reloading fixes this. There used to be a Safari plugin way back when that would change the default time out for page loads. I think it was Safari Enhancer or something like that.

I just looked at the features list and this action doesn't seem to be included in the freeware anymore. If anyone is interested in checking it out anyway, here's the link: Safari Enhancer.

You can also use Safari Stand as it has a lot of the same features as Safari Enhancer has.

I also know there is a way to change the default loading time with the Terminal but I have no idea what the command line looks like. I saw this over at MacOSXHints one day.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.