Photoshop compatibility

S

Steadyonabix

Hi all, I wonder if one of you can help me get my head around something.

Went to my local Apple store to look at the new Mac Pro and got them to wheel out one of the backroom boys to tell me if it was ok to run photoshop on it, this is what he told me: -

Adobe PS will not run on it under the MAC OS, I would have to configure it as a dual boot machine and run it under XP. As XP is 32 bit and I would have to keep switching between OS's I didn't buy it.

Since then a number of people have told me this guy was talking rubbish, can anyone tell me what the score is for real here? Seems odd they should talk themselves out of a sale like that.

Cheers

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yep, rubbish.

PS made for windows will only run under parallels or bootcamp, but PS made for mac, will run under osx. as far as i know though, there is no universal binary, so it runs under rosetta, which means it will run a bit slow - depending on your machine.
i'm sure you can get more details by searching these forums for "photoshop" and "rosetta".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.