Call of Duty 2 is not working!! Help.

J

JtWorks

I just downloaded a demo of Call of Duty 2 for my eMAC and it doesn't seem to work and I can't fix it! When I try to start the game a window pops up saying ~Error during initialization: Video card or driver doesn't support enough texture stages/ coordinates.

Can you guys tell me whats going on, and how I can fix it. What do I need to buy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
My first guess would be that it requires a better video card. eMacs aren't exactly equipped for gaming, and that is a fairly demanding game.

Requirements

• Mac OS X 10.3.9
• 1.8 GHz PowerPC G5/Intel chipset
• 512 MB RAM
• NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 or ATI Radeon 9600 or higher
• 64 MB VRam
• Supported Video cards: NVIDIA GeForce 5200, 6600, 6800, 7800 ATI Radeon 9600, 9650, 9700, 9800, X600, X800, X850, X

Do you have all of those met?

OP
J

JtWorks

@Jeff, I'm not exactly sure what I have. Is there a way to check my specs on my comp? Although I do know that I don't have a g5, mine's a g4 :(

Reaction score
@Jeff, I'm not exactly sure what I have. Is there a way to check my specs on my comp? Although I do know that I don't have a g5, mine's a g4 :(

Go to Apple(up in the top left corner), then select 'About this Mac', then 'More Info'. They never made an eMac that was good enough to play COD2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I still don't know what your computer can and can't run, but I was just looking on the Apple web site to see what shooters they have.

Halo is always good, although I don't know about the control on a computer.
Doom III- although I don't remember if it's online.
Quake 4
Battlefield 1942 is cool.
Medal of Honor is also pretty sweet- again, I don't remember if it's online.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.