Some problems with Boot Camp & Win XP?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 Ghz , 1GB RAM, 120 GB HD
Hi. So I successfully installed Boot Camp and then Win XP pro and it's working fine except for a few things. When it first booted up everything seemed to be working well. Wasn't long before win xp was able to detect a wireless internet signal. Holding down the CRTL button and the track pad button performed a double click but now both of the those things don't work.

For the wireless connection I tried to use the setup wizard to connect but now luck. Any suggestions and possible reasons why for some reason it doesn't connect to the internet?

Also about the trackpad that I am using. The button combinations including (right-clicking and scrolling) don't seem to work.

Please let me know what I can do.

Thank you very much.

Dorian

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 Ghz , 1GB RAM, 120 GB HD
More problems with Boot Camp??

Hello. I posted a previous post on some problems I had with running win xp on boot camp and now more came up.

I installed everything including the mac driver cd and now win xp is up and running (some what).

First of I had to reinstall the mac driver cd twice in order to fix the wireless network connectivity issue (would not connect or display icons in task bar). But in doing so I noticed that it copied even more files. When I downloaded the first time and completed the instalation I checked the HD space and their was around 2 GB remaining and now when I installed parts of the mac driver cd again it now shows 1.4 GB remaining.

I hope it didn't install some things twice. If it did how can I fix this?

The problems that I am facing are bellow:

1) Unable to instal hardware when the "found new hardware" icon pops up. These hardwares include Network controller. I was unable to proceed with the instalation because it told me that the cd could not be found even with I inserted the mac driver cd.

2) Loaded up win xp and it told me for the first time (after about 3 start ups) that:

"ATI panel failed to initialize because no ATI driver is installed or ATI driver is not working properly"

3) The wirless connectivity icon tells me that the connection is quite slow.

4) The right click button using the macbook pro track pad does not work nor does the CTRL and click button work to perform a right click.

Any help or suggestions on how to fix these issues would be appreciated. If you need any additional information regarding this problem let me know.

Thank you for your support.

Dorian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.