• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

PS3 commercials

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
I think they are weird. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Why do you think they are weird?

OP
imacmatt09
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
they arent like normal commercials and they are all in that white room. the one with the baby scares me. ohh btw i ment to post this in the anything goes section can you move it schweb?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Done.

I don't know if they're weird per se, I'd say different. But sony has had a history of doing commercials that are different.

OP
imacmatt09
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah your right about that.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
the baby doll one did just seem weird for weird's sake.

the rubiks cube one is awesome though.

thinking about it now, maybe the doll and the rubiks cube are the same sort of commercial.

it's an old school 'real' toy you could play with and hold in your hands, and the ps3 (in their estimation) is the only system that takes that paradigm and blows it away; literally in the cube commercial - though it just makes the baby cry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
....thinking about it now, maybe the doll and the rubiks cube are the same sort of commercial.

it's an old school 'real' toy you could play with and hold in your hands, and the ps3 (in their estimation) is the only system that takes that paradigm and blows it away; literally in the cube commercial - though it just makes the baby cry.
That theory really doesn't hold water when you try to fit the egss/blackbirds one into it. :black:

These commercials are just like the majority of commercials out there today. They aren't there to say anything about the product, really.... they are only there to create a buzz and attempt to stick the brand and/or product name into your head. These kinds of commercials usually fail miserably.
Think about it... how many times have you seen a really cool/strange/funny/weird commercial... you know, the one where this guy does (blank) and then the (insert random animal/baby/girl/circus clown) does (blank) and then they all laugh? The commercials are entertaining and smart, yet you have no idea what they are when you try to explain it to a friend. They don't speak one word to the product itself... only create a buzz which usually fizzles out pretty quick.
Also, these are simply overkill if you ask me, the PS3 needs no more hype or buzz. These commercials neither add to nor subtract from that hype). Had these ad spots been for anything else, nobody would remember them a month from now.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i love the mac spoof commercials on googlevideo from "truenuff". especially the ones with the linux geek. nice...
icon14.gif

OP
imacmatt09
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i love the mac spoof commercials on googlevideo from "truenuff". especially the ones with the linux geek. nice...
icon14.gif

hahaha yeah those are pretty good

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Hey , check this one out. (You should switch on sound first)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
José González - Live in London
The song is called Heartbeats

He has one album out right now, I don't think anything is as good as that song is. Had him play at our school a few weeks ago, not a very outgoing person but a good performer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
not a very outgoing person but a good performer

like a bunch of my favorites that seem to be in a similar catagory:
nick drake
elliott smith
cat power (chan marshall)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Sorry, that was my mistake :(

no worries on the song title - now that i know the artist - sampled a few of the tracks i found online, i'll be picking something up by him in no time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I like the PS3 commercial with the blackbirds in it for some reason. I guess it's pretty artsy. And by the way eric, you can get it on iTunes, its Heartbeats, and as stated before, it's by José González.

Wow, Everyone beat me to it on that one...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.