• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

iPod Chargers Outselling Zune on Amazon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone, MacBook Pro (15",2.33 C2D), MacBook (2.0 C2D), 4 iPods (20GB, Mini, Nano, Shuffle)
To compliment D3v1L80Y's post yesterday, I can't resist posting this (found via CBS Marketwatch via Cult of Mac):

By comparison, Microsoft's new Zune media player, despite heavy marketing, came in only at No. 75 on Amazon's list of 100 best-selling electronics, trailing items such as Apple's $29.99 iPod USB power adapter, at No. 65.​

Cult of Mac mentions that since the article was written the Zune has risen to 67, while the power cord was 69. LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
LOL....But when did Amazon become such a barometer for electronics sales? I'd never heard it used before suddenly being quoted everywhere to show that the iPod (and iPod accessories) are outselling the Zune on Amazon.

No matter, I'm sure MS loves all the free marketing. As the saying goes, no publicity is bad publicity. Constant comparisons of the iPod to the Zune are telling people that the Zune is out there, thus making people aware of it and making it more likely to be purchased.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
I really want a Zune, though it won't be in europe until late next year, I was considering importing one, however either way I will wait till either my 30gb iPod dies or I get Vista.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
the zune is a new brand by a generally disliked giant. it would be like general motors making a harley davidson type motorcycle.

if it ever catches up it'll be a long, long time.
there have been equally as good if not superior products on the market for some time, it's just that apple has such a great marketing thing going with the ipod (commecial and word of mouth). that's not to say it isn't a nice piece of hardware (especially once you install rockbox).

that said, i won't ever buy or recommend either one.
i am however buying my wife a sandisk player for christmas - one that's just like mine.
icon10.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I would like one, but will wait as I'm sure there will be many upgrades from the rushed first version. It's not a great product, but definitely has the potential to be with some tweaks, add-ins and opening up to different music format compatibility. In fact, I would say Microsoft's biggest downfall is copying Apple's idea of rescricting format compatibility. I know it would be much higher on the list if that alone were changed. It's pluses are its screen and it's UI is awesome. In the end, Mircosoft moving out of it's comfort zone of software may not be the best idea, but then again, Xbox seems to be doing quite well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.