widget question

Reaction score
Hi... sorry if this is a bad question, but I'm having trouble installing widgets on my MacBook. I've downloaded them from the apple.com site and then I get a *.zip file but when I click that nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
When you double click on the zip file it should unzip it to a folder. You should open the folder in Finder and copy it to ~/Library/Widgets/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
or you can just open up the widget and it will install itself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone, MacBook Pro (15",2.33 C2D), MacBook (2.0 C2D), 4 iPods (20GB, Mini, Nano, Shuffle)
I've found the easiest way to get widgets installed is to save the .zip to my desktop, then double click on it to decompress it. That'll usually put a *.wdgt file (or a folder with it in it) on your desktop. Double click on the new file, and OS X will ask you if you want to install the widget and open it in the Dashboard. Then you'll get an option to Keep or Discard the widget (after you get a chance to see it for yourself). Voila! The .wdgt file will be moved to where your widgets live on the HD, and you can just move the .zip file to the Trash.

Reaction score
whenever i have downloaded widgets off the apple site, they open up and install themselves right into dashboard for me
nver had a problem with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.