MS Publisher on Mac

Reaction score
We have another person who creates documents for our company and sends them to me on MS Publisher. Is there a program I can switch her to that will work on both her PC and my Mac? She basically creates the program and I edit it and print.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
There is no equivalent product to Microsoft Publisher on the Mac, nor is there a package that will allow you to edit and save Publisher-formatted files.

This is one of those things that keeps a PC on my fiancee's desk, much to her dismay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
We have another person who creates documents for our company and sends them to me on MS Publisher. Is there a program I can switch her to that will work on both her PC and my Mac? She basically creates the program and I edit it and print.

It's incredible that any professional would use MS Publisher, and that's not just me MS bashing, it's just truly shocking. Publisher, along with Frontpage, are two MS programmes that should not be in any office or workspace.

Anyway, there are workarounds by the looks of things.

For InDesign

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/332767.html

For Pagemaker 7

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/329434.html

There are others too. The person saving the MS Publisher document should save a version that is compatible with other programmes.

OP
J
Reaction score
I agree

Zoolook, I agree with you 100%. That's why I'm trying to find a program she can put on her pc and then I can open it on my Mac. I just switched to Mac and I won't go back to those crappy programs from Microsoft.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
What is it that she is developing for you. Publisher can save in many formats. It's just a matter of which one works for you. To me publisher looks like a glorified Word, with allot of templates, for people who don't actually know how to use Word. And she could save to Word, which you can open with Pages. Or save as a web-page. Do you just want to view it. Or do you want to be able to edit it? And do you need to be able to print it yourself?

And like the others said PageMaker can convert it. I would recommend all of you getting and using Adobe CS2. I use it, and I don't know why any professional wouldn't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I would recommend all of you getting and using Adobe CS2. I use it, and I don't know why any professional wouldn't.
I second that. A professional office should be using professional software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.