HELP with sound issue on paralells?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 Ghz , 1GB RAM, 120 GB HD
Hi. I have browsed numerous posts on this site about the sound issue when installing a USB mic or headset. I have tried some sollutions only to obtain temporary results.

My issue is this. I run a call center for my business which is a predictive dialer (automative dialer that dials 3-5x faster than if done manualy) and I use a Plantronics DSP 500 headset. I have been able to use the call center software for 30-40 min (sometimes much less) before the following happens:

- I cannot hear the other person but they can hear me
(or)
- I can hear the other person but they cannot hear me

(It really all depends on the day or the hour on which of the above 2 problems occur)

I downloaded Audicity and I open the program and click on the sound tab to moniter sound input before running the program. I have had some sucess.

I don't know why I am having this particular problem given that the solutions that I have tried (and have not work) have worked for others and allow them to get good sound quality both input and output from headset for 2-3 hrs.

Any suggestions, feedbacks or tips would be appreciated. I wanted to install Boot Camp but I had troubles doing so and if I would prefer to not partition my drive at 5 GB min if there is an alternative.

Let me know thanks.

Dorian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.