• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Anyone know this TV show??

Reaction score
This is driving me crazzy ... even on the internet I can't get an answer...

When I was a kid, in the ealry 60s there was show on TV that was sort of a morality play for teens?, teaching various lessons. It was on weekend mornings and later on weekday mornings. I think it was a screen gems presentation? I remember the phrase "right time the light time." Might be the title?

The one story I can remember was about a kid working at a school or business who kept being told respoonsible, one evening he leaves he place unlocked and later hears on the radio that another employee was attached by a thief

what I know for sure:

- it ran between 1961 and 62 on Saturday mornings, late morning I think
- it ran around 1966 in minot north dakota on week mornings.

anyone have any idea

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Were there any "name" stars on the show?

There were several shows produced by various religious organizations that fit this description. One series in particular that ran in the early 70s had people like Patty Duke and John Astin appearing in their little stories.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
sorry, though i was alive in the 60's i wasn't born yet.

(i do remember davey and goliath though!)

have you checked places like imdb, tv.com or classic-tv?

OP
R
Reaction score
It was kinda like Davey and Goliath... but real people, more like "leave it to beaver". It seemed to be around a lot on TV I was only 3 or and didn't pay much attention, but I do rememeber the theme song, and it would start and end with this guy talking about the story.

I have checked TV guides for the time, old time TV sites, etc, etc, but I think I'll just have to find a person who remembers... many say they vaguely remember the show.. but not the name, etc.

Reaction score
The Light Time

Funny what comes to you when you can't sleep. Yeah, I remember this show - a black and white Sunday morning morality play that often ran back to back with Davey & Goliath. "Waves of love that hit you right from the start that grow to fill your heart. The Light Time. The light time is right time" Those were some of the lyrics to the theme song. I don't remember plots or actors, but I do remember some sort of host that put the plot into some sort of teachable, almost biblical context. Kinda nerdy but it came from a good place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Funny what comes to you when you can't sleep. Yeah, I remember this show - a black and white Sunday morning morality play that often ran back to back with Davey & Goliath. "Waves of love that hit you right from the start that grow to fill your heart. The Light Time. The light time is right time" Those were some of the lyrics to the theme song. I don't remember plots or actors, but I do remember some sort of host that put the plot into some sort of teachable, almost biblical context. Kinda nerdy but it came from a good place.

Hi SausalitoJoe - welcome to the forum! :) BUT, LOL! Your first post to an 8 year old thread - Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Joe's got a lot of catching up to do! ;)

Reaction score
i am looking for a tv show which was around early to mid 90s!
it was about a young man who buys a pc game which was based around murdering people, however the game was set in his home town so it was pretty real, he set the murder victim to resemble a female friend (possibly a x-girlfriend) including her name and real details,
after murdering her in the game in a very specific manner, the murder occurs in real life, he is arrested for the crime but he is soon asked to help the police to track the killer!
i think it ends with the murderer and the main character fighting it out on a abandoned pier whilst its on fire!

thanks alot

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.