Battery drains . . .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Core Duo Macbook Pro
I calibrated my battery as soon as i got my MBP (17") about three weeks ago. I've pretty much used it from the mains since then. I recently set up wireless though and was using it in the living room without the power cable and the battery went down really quickly - about 1% per minute.

Admittedly, I had wireless on, loads of apps running and it is the 17" version but is this normal? Should it run down so quickly or have I got a duff battery?

EDIT: I posted this in the wrong forum - admins can you please move it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I calibrated my battery as soon as i got my MBP (17") about three weeks ago. I've pretty much used it from the mains since then. I recently set up wireless though and was using it in the living room without the power cable and the battery went down really quickly - about 1% per minute.

Admittedly, I had wireless on, loads of apps running and it is the 17" version but is this normal? Should it run down so quickly or have I got a duff battery?

EDIT: I posted this in the wrong forum - admins can you please move it?

How bright was your screen? this plays a HUGE factor. I own a g4 Powerbook and with the screen at the max brightness not plugged in to any power I am lucky to get 90 minutes. Its a 3 week old battery..

If your screen was set to max brightness that sounds pretty typical..

was your keyboard backlight on? that will also drain the battery really quick.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.