• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Who not to buy batteries from.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I bought a "Hi-Capacity" battery for my PowerBook G4 15 from eBatts.com last year. The battery lasted not as longer as the origional battery from Apple, and shortly after the 1 year warranty expired the battery would charge no more than 66%, and die in about 55 minutes. I called eBatts and explained what ocurred and I told them I understood that my battery was out of warranty about 1 month. The guy said there is nothing they would do, not even a pro-rating discount off of another battery. I find it interesting that the origional Apple battery is still going strong, it is 14 months old and this so-called "Hi-Capacity" is junk. Just FYI for those of you thinking about buying a a battery from eBatts.com, I'd look elseware.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
No Sony

:radioacti DONT EVER BY A SONY BATTERY!! Cause it will explode :bandage: :radioacti

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I bought a "Hi-Capacity" battery for my PowerBook G4 15 from eBatts.com last year. The battery lasted not as longer as the origional battery from Apple, and shortly after the 1 year warranty expired the battery would charge no more than 66%, and die in about 55 minutes. I called eBatts and explained what ocurred and I told them I understood that my battery was out of warranty about 1 month. The guy said there is nothing they would do, not even a pro-rating discount off of another battery. I find it interesting that the origional Apple battery is still going strong, it is 14 months old and this so-called "Hi-Capacity" is junk. Just FYI for those of you thinking about buying a a battery from eBatts.com, I'd look elseware.

I have just replaced my iPOD 3G battery at Other World Computing, so I'll see how that does. As my iPOD battery was only lasting about 2 hours, it can't be any worse. However I did buy a 'hi capacity' battery for my Sony Ericsson phone and it was no better than the original.

:radioacti DONT EVER BY A SONY BATTERY!! Cause it will explode :bandage: :radioacti

They has a single bad batch, all of which have been recalled. AFAIK, Sony make the batteries for all current MacBooks.

OP
Dillinger-63
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
My point was don't buy from eBatts.com they won't work with you even if you are a short time out of warranty. Most places I have dealt with in the past will work with you if your warranty recently went out, like pro-rating on a new item so they can make a sale, they have lost me as a customer. I bought a replacement battery directly from Apple, I will not buy an aftermarket "Hi-Capacity" battery again, they are no better than the origional.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.