OSX Time Display

A

Axanar

Hi Guys,

I just got my MBP a bit ago and am loving it so far. However, I am noticing one weird behavior that I am not sure why it is happening. When I boot up OSX, the time displayed is always incorrect, like 6 hours behind or something. However, when I "Open Date and Time" to get to the settings, it sets itself to the correct time.

Do I have a setting not set correctly?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Hi Guys,

I just got my MBP a bit ago and am loving it so far. However, I am noticing one weird behavior that I am not sure why it is happening. When I boot up OSX, the time displayed is always incorrect, like 6 hours behind or something. However, when I "Open Date and Time" to get to the settings, it sets itself to the correct time.

Do I have a setting not set correctly?

Thanks!

do you have the "auto update" box checked when you are in the "date and time" under system preferences?

Reaction score
How do I get the day, date and year to display in the menu bar...?

i.e., Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Right now all I get is Wed 5:08 PM

I've been messing around with the sys prefs for 15 minuets.
madfrown.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
You may also wish to consider iClock, which I stumbled upon when I was looking for an answer to this very problem. See http://www.scriptsoftware.com/iclock/iclockmac.php

iClock is a wonderful app. It not only lets you set up what you are asking for, but also lets you set the font and color of what is displayed. It will also display floating international clocks, has a calendar, a calculator, a task switcher... just about does everything but make you coffee.

Reaction score
You may also wish to consider iClock, which I stumbled upon when I was looking for an answer to this very problem. See http://www.scriptsoftware.com/iclock/iclockmac.php

iClock is a wonderful app. It not only lets you set up what you are asking for, but also lets you set the font and color of what is displayed. It will also display floating international clocks, has a calendar, a calculator, a task switcher... just about does everything but make you coffee.
As usual mac57 you have the answer. iClock seems to be what I need. thanks again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
possibly sounds like your timezone is incorrect to me.

constantly 6hr difference was the indication

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.