Is it possible to put a larger Hard Drive in my Macbook Pro?

Reaction score
I've got a MacBook Pro 2ghz model with a 80gb hard drive. Is it possible to have a larger harddrive put into it? If it is, where could I get a hard drive and who could I get to install it? Thanks, Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I've got a MacBook Pro 2ghz model with a 80gb hard drive. Is it possible to have a larger harddrive put into it? If it is, where could I get a hard drive and who could I get to install it? Thanks, Mac

it is possible.. Apple wont do it. You may want to call apple and ask if it will void all or part of your warranty.. I believe it will void at least part of it. You can buy internal hard drives all over the internet and they will install it for you also.. I would look for a local shop that way you dont have to ship it and risk any type of damage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
The Apple store near me will do upgrades for you. In fact, they prefer it because that way the work is handled through them and doesn't affect warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Apple store near me will do upgrades for you. In fact, they prefer it because that way the work is handled through them and doesn't affect warranty.

weird.. the one near me cant get an internal hard drive and they wont upgrad them..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
weird.. the one near me cant get an internal hard drive and they wont upgrad them..

Are you sure they're talking about a MacBook? I saw your answer in another thread that said they won't do it for an iBook, but I'm pretty sure they will do an in-store upgrade for a MacBook and MacBook Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Are you sure they're talking about a MacBook? I saw your answer in another thread that said they won't do it for an iBook, but I'm pretty sure they will do an in-store upgrade for a MacBook and MacBook Pro.

It maybe different from state to state but I called two different apple stores here in colorado and they both told me that they will not do an internal hard drive upgrade on any apple computer nor can they order one so that you can do it yourself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.