SWF/Flash Safari and Mozilla

Reaction score
I've found that some SWF/Shockwave files do not show in Safari, but they show in Mozilla.

For example; http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/pong.php

The above will show in Mozilla, but just leave a white square in Safari.

When some particular SWF/Flash load in Safari they lag and often freeze for a split second.

How can I rectify these problems?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
Shockwave Player has not yet been ported to run natively on the new Intel-based Macintosh computers and currently only runs in Rosetta emulation mode. To install and use Shockwave Player on an Intel-based Macintosh, you will need to run the browser in Rosetta emulation mode. Follow the instructions below to launch your browser in Rosetta emulation mode.

Launching a Browser in Rosetta Emulation Mode

Applications like both Safari default to running in native mode on the new Intel-based Macs and therefore you must follow a few simple steps to instead have then run in Rosetta emulation mode:

Quit out of the browser.
Go to your Applications folder and right-click on the browser application icon.
Select Get Info.
Under the General heading of the Info dialog select "Open using Rosetta".
Close the Info dialog box.
After completing the above steps the browser will now run in Rosetta emulation mode thus allowing you to install and use the Shockwave Player.

I found that running Safari in Rosetta causes the browser to operate much slower then in its native mode. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.