Sitting here looking at my new 20" iMac...

Reaction score
I have set up a lot on here so far but have a few early questions.

1. Is there not a way to import your playlists into iTunes? I have all my files there from an external HD but not playlists.

2. Also in iTunes, i have to turn that dang mini-store off every time I start it up. How do I keep that off?

3. How do I turn on the number lock?

4. Where can I find a good list of keyboard shortcuts?

Thanks in advance. I have already found a l ot of info on this site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
1. Not easily, not of which I'm aware. It'd be easier to just recreate your playlists, or make smart playlists with the names of bands.

2. Click "View > Hide MiniStore"

3. You don't have to, considering you have a separate number section.

4. Here's a decent list of keyboard shortcuts.

OP
O
Reaction score
I have spent a long time looking through ilounge.com this morning trying to figure out how to import the playlists. Looks like it can be done but that may be a little more advanced than I can do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
whats a number lock?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
Macs dont have a NUM lock key, they just are always on. MACS have a CAPS Lock thats it. If it doesnt work, then try to reconnect the keyboard. are you using an APPLE keyboard? Wired or Wireless?

In ITUNES, goto File , Import Files, Or ADD FILES TO LIBRARY, and click all the files or complete folder from the external HDD and it will import them to your Itunes folder so you can make new playlists up...Very simple and easy!

CONGRATS ON THE iMAC Dude!!!!

OP
O
Reaction score
Macs dont have a NUM lock key, they just are always on. MACS have a CAPS Lock thats it. If it doesnt work, then try to reconnect the keyboard. are you using an APPLE keyboard? Wired or Wireless?

In ITUNES, goto File , Import Files, Or ADD FILES TO LIBRARY, and click all the files or complete folder from the external HDD and it will import them to your Itunes folder so you can make new playlists up...Very simple and easy!

CONGRATS ON THE iMAC Dude!!!!

I have the wired Apple keyboard that came in the box. I tried using the keypad (on the right) and it just won't work for some reason.

I imported the iTunes files like you said and the playlists didn't follow but all my music is there.

I am pumped about this iMac. I set it up next to my old Dell PC and there is really no comparisons in looks.

I have run into another issue though. ITunes keeps quitting. When I start it up, it is trying to configure gapless playback for about half of my library then it shuts down. It only stays open for about 10 seconds before this happens. Any ideas?

Thanks again for all the help.

S

samoan_ridah

I used a program called "ipod rip" that allows you to recover music and playlists from your ipod.

I don't have a problem with the number pad not working but my "end" key doesn't work sometimes.

OP
O
Reaction score
i called apple support and apparently there is a setting under prefs>mouse that sets the keypad to control the cursor.

Also, I got my iTunes issue all sorted out. I scrolled on my iPod and rebuilt all my playlists. Thanks again for all the help and I am sure I will be back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X 10.4.9... iMac 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB DDR2 SDRAM
I may have found your mouse problem, I appear to have been having the same problem.

Head to Prefs/Universal Access/Mouse. I had Mouse keys turned on, meaning my keypad was controlling the mouse. Turning this off has give me back my keypad.

Hope this helps.

FuZion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.