How can I sync my Macbook and iMac.

Reaction score
I just bought a Macbook pro that I have been taking with me everywhere. I have used "migration" to transfer my folders and applications over from my iMac.
However, I would like to switch back and forth between the two and have each reflect the changes (transfer files, iTunes, and iPhoto mirror one another).

Essentially I want the same computer on two different machines.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Reaction score
I have my fingures crossed for Leopard

I have the same problem and am afraid I have found no easy solutions! I have an iMac and want to but a Macbook to take to uni. I'm hoping to sync them so they act like one computer.

Apparently a .Mac account will allow you to sync address book, book marks, settings, emails etc.

There are some third party programs that will sync your home folders. This will do all your documents but still leaves iphoto, itunes and ieverything else.

I'm hoping Leopard might offer the solution. (I can hope)

Alternatively, replace the iMac with a 20inch display and invest in a bluetooth mouse and keyboard and create a "home" location on the laptop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.