Checking the connection speed in iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2GB ram, 500GB hd, 256MB Radeon x1600
I just set up my new iMac and my internet connection. My problem is that I can't find any indication of what my actual connection speed might be. The network settings panel shows the speed from the modem to my computer, which is 100M, but I'd like to see the actual speed of the line that's coming to my telephone outlet.

Reason I'm asking is cos my ISP messed up my connection last week and it's changed to 512Kbps although it should be 2M.

I've contacted the ISP and they said they'll fix it. But now I don't know how I'm gonna be able to tell when it's back to normal (if ever :bomb: ).

cheers,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I just set up my new iMac and my internet connection. My problem is that I can't find any indication of what my actual connection speed might be. The network settings panel shows the speed from the modem to my computer, which is 100M, but I'd like to see the actual speed of the line that's coming to my telephone outlet.

Reason I'm asking is cos my ISP messed up my connection last week and it's changed to 512Kbps although it should be 2M.

I've contacted the ISP and they said they'll fix it. But now I don't know how I'm gonna be able to tell when it's back to normal (if ever :bomb: ).

cheers,

go to google and do a search for "speed test" there are tons that are free on-line.. some are better than others and they are not %100 accurate.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.