• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Vista site

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I wonder if it's intentional that the Vista website doesn't work properly on Safari?

vista.jpg

That silly man is blocking the navigation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Looks like a anti-Safari site :D I've tried it with FF and it works fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
That trick with the image in the background and the menu on top doesn't work not only in that page but in some others too (i have seen similar results with the Guild Wars site). Since all Vista related pages have that feature it is hard to read. The Zune site works fine though, if you are interested in the Zune...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
It wouldn't make sense for them to do it on purpose-- MS is just fine with selling new Intel Mac owners a copy of windows.

BTW, if you are willing to jump through a few hoops, you can get a free copy of Vista Business and Office 2007 from MS-- www.powertogether.com

I saw it on Engadget earlier, but the site appears to be getting hammered ATM, so it might be a bit before you can sign up and complete everything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
It's probably non-standard HTML, hacked to work with the Gecko rendering engine in FF. Since Safari uses another one, KHTML, the results are different.

Works Okayish in Opera, but looks kinda bad. Better than Safari though.

OP
Alexis
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Grr, it's USA only.

Reaction score
I reckon the guy isn't blocking any active links on the page, it's just a fancy superimposing to look flashy. The links are to the left of the image.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
Works if you manually input the address in the picture. At least it did for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.