Upgrade to Macbook pro from Macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4GB RAM
Things have gone well for me recently and I've come into alot of extra money.

Right now I've got a White Macbook 2ghz with 2gb ram and 80gb hdd with the superdrive.

I love the computer, but since the day I bought it I've always had Pro envy.

Heres my needs:

I don't play games, I don't do video editing ect so I'm fine with the Macbook's integrated graphics. However, I multitask something severe so 2gb ram is my minimum.

I figure I can sell the macbook for at least 1200 pretty easily, so that'd put me in the range of about $2500 in "extra" money.

So my question is, should I do it?

Should I move to the 15 or the 17?

I'd love any advice pushing me either way. I hate being so indecisive about this sort of thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro CD 2.16, 2GB ram, 256MB Video.
Should you do it? In my opinion, **** yeah.. Even if you don't do heavy graphic work I think the faster video chip will make even the screen redraws faster and snappier. LOL if the screen of the macbook was fine for what you were doing I'd go with the 15" and upgrade it to all you can. get the 2.33 Proc, 2gb ram and a larger HDD. that should keep you happy for a while. If I had $2500 in "extra" money thats what I would do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Sounds like your decision is already made. If you're looking for validation from us, you have it. :)

(Frankly, my MacBook does everything I need, so if I ran into "a lot of extra money" you wouldn't find me at the Apple Store-- you'd find me on a beach somewhere.)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4GB RAM
Sounds like your decision is already made. If you're looking for validation from us, you have it. :)

(Frankly, my MacBook does everything I need, so if I ran into "a lot of extra money" you wouldn't find me at the Apple Store-- you'd find me on a beach somewhere.)

(to the first poster - yes, I have. I've already been talking to people interested in buying it, but I'm looking for a little assurance in my choice haha)

Thats my feeling as well - my macbook does everything I need, and its plenty fast, and I'd love to put this money aside in my savings, but I want a new toy :eek:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.