Major Help Needed! Partition deleted on external drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Intel Core Duo
I had a hard drive that I put in an external enclosure for USB 2.0 and used it on my Mac

Its 320 GB. I had half partitioned for NTFS and half free. I wanted to make a mac partition out of the free part and somehow ended up partitioning the whole drive as free space. I have data I must recover. I tried hooking it up to windows and using Partition Magic's Recover Partition feature with no luck.

Mac Mini Core Duo Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
If you created the new partition on the Mac, you could try DiskWarrior. I've never used it, but some people in these forums swear by it.

If that fails, you'll probably need professional assistance if the data is that important.

I've used DriveSavers in the past to recover business data, and they were very good. Just be prepared to pay.

Reaction score
Ouch!
I second caribiner's comments, but you have erased the headers by changing the partition. Do not install anything! Anything you install will overwrite whatever data is left.

J

JunMacTech

I had a hard drive that I put in an external enclosure for USB 2.0 and used it on my Mac

Its 320 GB. I had half partitioned for NTFS and half free. I wanted to make a mac partition out of the free part and somehow ended up partitioning the whole drive as free space. I have data I must recover. I tried hooking it up to windows and using Partition Magic's Recover Partition feature with no luck.

Mac Mini Core Duo Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Purchase File Salvage here
That is what we use here at the school. Should work well for you. Just don't do anything with that drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.