New....Need Help!!!

K

kcl2879

I downloaded a .rar file, after the download Stuffit automaticly uncompress it then an icon with the filename 001.rm appears. It is a movie but I can't open it.
When I double click it, a program call Gaphic Converter pops up. I guess it try to convert the file but at the end an window with lthe message:

The file format of the file "001.rm" is unknown. You may uncheck the option "Detect only clear formats" in the prefs.
You see after this test a dump of the datafork of the file. Maybe it isn't a graphic file. Please contact us if you do have the technical file format details.

One more thing the icon already have the picture of the Graphic Converter on it after the file is decompressed.

Please give me any help, thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
That sounds like a real audio file.. so download real audio.. and then try uncompressing it again... and see if it works.

OP
K

kcl2879

i have real player already.....anyother suggestion. And i am sure the file is not just audio but a movie. But i will try uncompressing it again and see if it will work. thanx.

OP
M

masaka___

drag and drop 001.rm on top of the real player icon to force it to load that movie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
If when you drag and drop it onto real player, it doesnt play.. then it sounds like the movie file might be corrupted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.