Publishing with Freeway express 4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody Mac Book Pro, 2.66 Ghz Mac Pro w/ 2gb RAM. 1ghz G4 Powerbook w/ 768 RAM.
OK, need some help here. I'm pretty new to the web design field and am in the process of trying to put the page I made on freeway express 4 on my domain. I use 1and1.com for my host and have their business package. I have been trying to get my page to upload and can't get it to work. If someone has a good tip it would be much appreciated. I'm sure I'll have a "duh" moment soon, but I'd like to get this up and going soon. Thanks for any help.

Howie J.

Reaction score
1and1 is my host also.

Are using an FTP program to upload your web site? I use Wise FTP to upload my sites to their servers.

If Freeway is like Frontpage, you might need in enable the Front Page extensions.

Reaction score
I don't think you need to enable FrontPage extensions, as I'd assume they're for, um, FrontPage.

Have you checked the "passive FTP" box? I seem to remember having to do that first time I uploaded.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody Mac Book Pro, 2.66 Ghz Mac Pro w/ 2gb RAM. 1ghz G4 Powerbook w/ 768 RAM.
Thanks for the hints guys. I think the Wise FTP is a windows only program for what I saw on their site.

Howie J

Reaction score
How do you guys like 1and1. their prices seem to be very low.. how is the support?

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So far so good if I can get my page uploaded. That's my fault, not thiers. The webmail works great and they have a lot of features for not a lot of money. It will take a little bit to make use of them all but it should be a good learning experience.

On the other note, I downloaded Fetch which I have used a little before and will try and get that to work. No luck yet, but once again, I'm sure it's operator error so far.

Howie J

Reaction score
OK, need some help here. I'm pretty new to the web design field and am in the process of trying to put the page I made on freeway express 4 on my domain. I use 1and1.com for my host and have their business package. I have been trying to get my page to upload and can't get it to work. If someone has a good tip it would be much appreciated. I'm sure I'll have a "duh" moment soon, but I'd like to get this up and going soon. Thanks for any help.

Howie J.

Freeway Express has an inbuilt incremental FTP. Have you tried using it at all. Also AFAIK SoftPress provides very good support.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Didn't know about the FTP in Freeway. I just started using the program in depth the other night. Thanks for the tip. I'll probably be starting Round 2 of Web design attempts tomorrow night so i'll try the given tips and let you know if I still am stumped.

Howie J

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
got everything working. Bought Fetch but after spending the $25 I got the Freeway FTP to work. Not sure which stupid mistake I was making that it wasn't working, but it's going now. If anybody is curious, take a peek at what I've been up to the last three days since I got it to work. www.superiorsound.biz Any and all advice is welcome. Like I said, I'm a musician and audio engineer "by trade" but a tech junkie through and through so I have my hands in everything...video, web, networking, etc. So this is what I've done without any professional advice.

Howie J

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.