Junk mail - best practise?

Reaction score
Mail seems to be having difficulty identifying my junk mail correctly. It even marks everything I send as junk! Charming.

I'm just wondering what the best practise is re junk mail. Should it remain marked as unread? I seem to remember hearing somewhere some time ago that if it's read it's a Bad Thing.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
When I started with mail I did this go to mail Preferences enable junk filtering
Mark leave in inbox (Training ) say leave this like this for a week or so then change it to move junk to junk mail Automatically
Mark off the other options like
Trust junk headers
then close your preview pane so you don't have to read your Spam
Then go to "viewing" and disable the Display remote images in HTML messages this is a typical spam trap Spammer embed all-sorts of things to Disable this ...You'll be able to see legitimate mail because Mail asks you if you want to see the images. If it's a source you trust then it's fine

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.