• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Discussions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Have any of you visited the Apple Discussion Fourms on www.apple.com? What type of feedback do you have on them positive or negative? I have found the people there to be a bunch of snobs. Is this accurate or am I just seeing things?

Thanks for any comments!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I had a couple of newbie questions answered fairly well, however if something is a problem (that is, no workaround) instead of telling you, you simply get no response. I even got a warning from Admin for complaining that iTunes 7 did not work on OS X 10.2, so after that I stopped posting there.

The help boards for Logic and Aperture are fantastic though, because the users are of a very high caliber.

Snobs? Heh... I agree, but aren't most Mac users are snobish in some way, usually intellectually, anyway? :eek: I mean that is the nicest way possible.

I much prefer this and other unofficial forums.

OP
KoDorSean
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I had a couple of newbie questions answered fairly well, however if something is a problem (that is, no workaround) instead of telling you, you simply get no response. I even got a warning from Admin for complaining that iTunes 7 did not work on OS X 10.2, so after that I stopped posting there.

The help boards for Logic and Aperture are fantastic though, because the users are of a very high caliber.

Snobs? Heh... I agree, but aren't most Mac users are snobish in some way, usually intellectually, anyway? :eek: I mean that is the nicest way possible.

I much prefer this and other unofficial forums.

Im a mac user an im not a snob in an intellectuall way :p

It just seems that the people there are quick to judge and come across as snobish to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
I often use Apple discussions on both sides of the fence.
As usual all help is from volunteers who are just people who sometimes get tired of Mac users who don't bother to try the OS's help function or the forum search function first.

Most Mac users are real neat people.... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Double Post sorry

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I agree with Zoolook, I like Mac-Forums and 2 other Apple forums I frequent a lot better. Nice group of people and all very helpful. Made some good friends here too.

M

MacHeadCase

Like in all forums on this Earth, some members are like rust on a wheel shaft but some people at Apple Discussions really really know their stuff. I got great help when I posted about trying to get Myst V to run and play decently (turned out it was a video card driver problem, Ubisoft will not release an update since they consider the game End-Of-Life, blablabla...) but we tried out different things before we quit on it.

It just depends on who «swoops» in the thread to help just like in any forum. Some are there because they are after points, trying to show off their «knowledge» or trying to see their post count get higher while others (the majority) are there because they are genuinely trying to help. Like in any forum, if no one knows the answer you won't get much replies though but I would say it is more likely you will get a reply there than in most forums.

The nice thing about Apple Discussions is that there are software developers that are members there so they monitor the problems with their software: I have even seen some post there to help out and get their app running smoothly for everyone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
somtimes its really biast, but if you want some direct connections with apple personell, its highly monitored by APPLE reps, and they will reply back for simple questions and answers. I heard all apple forums are monitored, but i dunno. theres too many out there to look at.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.