Safari Questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini 1.66Ghz 1GB RAM 60GB HD intel dual core
New switcher, having a great time with mac-met a lady while I was doing a service call at her house and she's switched to mac too.

ANYHOW, two questions about safari:

1. Where's the home button?

2. Even though I have the option set to open links into new tab on current window, it just opens a new window instead. I'm accustomed to firefox and ya click on a link and a new tab opens up...what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Click on View then Customize Address Bar. You can drag Home and many other icons into the bar.

On the url in a new TAB, I right click on the URL and click open in new TAB.

OP
menno
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini 1.66Ghz 1GB RAM 60GB HD intel dual core
Click on View then Customize Address Bar. You can drag Home and many other icons into the bar.

On the url in a new TAB, I right click on the URL and click open in new TAB.

Home button...wonder why it's not a standard feature?

That was painless...thank you dtravis!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro C2D : 15.4" : 2GB : 120GB : Glossy
Easier way to open a link in new tab is to Apple + Click. Simple. Though, I find it annoying that you can't just have it as a preference that any link you click opens a new tab.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Core Duo Macbook Pro
Safari is fantastic but I do find the default settings wierd. Like you say, tabbed browsing and home button is not enabled by default. Having to Apple-click to keep the same window is even stranger . . . ot's not strange enough to make me go back to Firefox though. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.