surfing the web

Reaction score
Firefox , Safari , Opera , what do you use, whats best? I think Fox runs a tad bite slower IMO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Search, there are about 25 threads about this same thing.

...but I use Safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini, 1.66GHz Intel Core Duo, 512MB RAM, OS X 10.4.7
...but I use Safari.

I used to use Firefox because that's what I use on my pc at work, but I've recently switched to Safari. The only problem I've had with Safari is that the configuration page for my Origo adsl modem/router doesn't work in Safari - I have to use Firefox.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Firefox , Safari , Opera , what do you use, whats best? I think Fox runs a tad bite slower IMO.

Safari launches really quickly and looks more 'OS X' but apart from that, I think Firefox is more compatible and once loaded should be marginally quicker on average. Having said that I have to use Safari for my secure logon to my work server (Firefox has issue with Java which I cannot work out).

I tried Opera for a month (forced myself) and I just never really enjoyed it. I don't think I ever forgave them for sticking all those adverts in Opera 6 and 7 way back in the day, if you didn't pay for it.

I vote Firefox.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
put another check mark down for safari. whats best? its personal preference.

Reaction score
I started off using FireFox cos of being a switcher and all that but soon came to realise that Safari suited my needs best.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Safari is what I use 98% of the time except for a very few sites designed for IE only. There I use Camino. Camino is made by Mozilla and uses the Firefox engine, but is made just for OSX and fits in so much better than Firefox. Also with CamiTools installed, it's gone to some IE Only sites that nothing else on OSX will log into. For sure worth a try. I use all 4 of them (Safari, Camino, Firefox and Opera) pretty much in that order.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
I used Safari from the get-go....I use Firefox as a secondary browser as I sometimes run into compatibility issues with the Website and Safari.

I also have Opera and Camino which I prefer to use, just need to set them up properly (bookmarks, keychains, etc) then I'll just get rid of Firefox as I'm not really a fan of it. btw I camino is built on the same Mozilla Structure I just somehow prefer it more than FF :)

I do like the IE 7 for Windows though, shame they haven't got a Mac Version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.