• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Please i need help!!!!!!!!!

C

Cemboy

Guys please help me. I am very worried. My internet on some websites, like for example the Nintendo.co.uk forum, wont go onto it. The message that i recieve is this...
'No Host matches server name community.nintendo-europe.com

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Additionally, a 400 Bad Request error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at community.nintendo-europe.com Port 80'

What the **** does this mean? Please help me. Im very confused and worried.:bomb: Please reply ASAP. Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Have you tried in other browsers? (eg. FF / Camino)

OP
C

Cemboy

Yes, i have used firefox, safari, and internet explorer. I havent used them ones you mentioned though. I shall try them.

OP
C

Cemboy

Ive tried both browsers, and the message is still coming up!!! Please help me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
From the error message, it looks like a problem at their end. Do any other sites do it?

Actually ...

I just checked and I get the exact same problem on every browser on every platform - even a text only browser on NetBSD of all things. It's their web server that's broken. You'll just have to wait until they fix it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
same issue here, and i am using IE on a pc. the problem is on the host/server end.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Hmm.. I'm using Safari and have no problem.

Reaction score
Guys please help me. I am very worried. My internet on some websites, like for example the Nintendo.co.uk forum, wont go onto it. The message that i recieve is this...
'No Host matches server name community.nintendo-europe.com

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Additionally, a 400 Bad Request error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at community.nintendo-europe.com Port 80'

What the **** does this mean? Please help me. Im very confused and worried.:bomb: Please reply ASAP. Thank you

What country are you in? I'm using Safari and was able to go to the website but if I clicked on the Community link it gave me the 'No Host matches server name community.nintendo-europe.com' error.

This is what I read at the top of the page:

Welcome to Nintendo UK & Ireland. If you are not resident in the UK or Ireland please choose your country of residence by clicking on the "change country" button.

There is a 'Change Country' link at the top left of the main page and it takes you to a new page where you can be redirected to the site from your country eg:

UK/Ireland, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Spain, France, Italy.

OP
C

Cemboy

YES YES YES!!! oh im so pleased its just not me. When i go onto nintendo, its fine, but when i click community, the message pops up. So its to do with the servers end. I live in the uk. thank you all so much. You have helped me out a lot. Thank you!!!!

Reaction score
Not sure if this will work, but if your lucky, and you live near an Apple store, a genius may be able to reinstall iLife for you without your install disks.

I had this done for me on my old Powerbook. They had to reformat my machine, and they didn't need any of my install disks. When I asked about the legality of this, the guy said that it didn't really matter, as long as I own a copy of Tiger and iLife, it's not an issue.

Jem

Reaction score
Wow djlee, abstract post alert! :D :D

How would reinstalling iLife make any difference to what appears to be a web site problem that just about everyone here can replicate?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.