Customized startup??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I've had my MBP for a couple weeks and so far pretty much has been blues skies and green lights.

I kinda missed my customized startup and shutdown on my Windows PC and was wondering if there's any way to do this on a Mac.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
That depends entirely on what you mean by 'customised startup' ... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
You can download a utility like Cocktail which will allow you to put your Mac into "verbose" mode when it boots. This will give you all the messages that are generated while the machine is coming up instead of the pretty screen.

If you want to have different images showing up during bootup or shutdown, I don't believe the Mac can do that.

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
What I mean is when you boto up your computer it plays that standard sound and sits blank until the desktop appears. With Win VP it has the Win XP logo against a black background. and then plays the little Win XP tune.

On Windows you can change to starup image and sound to whatever you want. (one of my favorite classics was Hal from 2001 Space Odyssey) I want to change this on my Mac also.

Hope that helps clarify

Reaction score
Whatever happened to the 'Death Chime', it reminded me of the sound just prior to a school loudspeaker announcement.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.