Add Clean Tag to my own Tracks

Reaction score
I just got the "clean" version of a rap CD and have uploaded it to my computer. I was wondering if there was a way I could add the clean tag that the itunes store has to the album?

Thanks!

Reaction score
You mean like after the artists name, or in the 'Info' or something?? If you want to add [CLEAN] after the artists name just double click on the name in iTunes and it will let you edit it. If you want to do it for the whole album, command + A, then right click and 'Get Info' and you can edit the description information for all the songs.

Hope this helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone, MacBook Pro (15",2.33 C2D), MacBook (2.0 C2D), 4 iPods (20GB, Mini, Nano, Shuffle)
What you're talking about is the tiny [Explicit], [Clean], [TV-14] (for video) tags, right? I don't think you can access those fields via iTunes and create them, though I could be wrong. I think that's a feature of the ITMS. However, if you're ever generating a podcast feed that iTunes makes part of their directory, you can control [Clean] and [Explicit] fields in your RSS feed.

Dralfonzo has a good workaround though. You could just add the text [Clean] to the Album title field in the track info. It won't show up as a pretty icon as if you purchased it via ITMS, but it'll help keep your library descriptive.

If you do figure out a way to edit the track info to make those kinds of icons appear, please post it. It would be very helpful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.