Need Help Uninstalling Windows XP (Bootcamp) from Macbook Pro

H

husef9926

Hi,

I installed windows XP home edition using bootcamp on my macbook pro. I am trying to reformat my entire mac; however, when I first tried to remove the windows partition on my mac using bootcamp assistant, it failed. I get the following error message:

YOUR STARTUP DISK CANNOT BE PARTITIONED OR RESTORED TO A SINGLE PARTITION. Back up the disk and use Disk Utility to format the disk as a single Mac OS Extended Journaled volume. Restore your information to the disk and try using Boot Camp Assistant again.

When I went into the Disk Utility progra, it won't let me format the main hard drive or the windows partition. When I loaded the Mac Install disk, I cannot make any modifications/re-install mac os to the main hard drive from the install program... just the window partition. The windows partition is only 6gb and so even IF i wanted to install on the windows partition, the Mac installer said I need at least 9 GB free.

Please help - I am stuck. Thank you!!

Reaction score
When you load up the mac install disc did you restart and hold the C key upon hearing the "Chime".

OP
H

husef9926

When you load up the mac install disc did you restart and hold the C key upon hearing the "Chime".

I actually was able to use the disk utility from the installer menu. I formatted the main hard drive and it removed the 2 volumes. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Moved to proper forum

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.