• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Most troublesome Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Just thought about presenting you a question to find out the most troublesome Mac. Please select the Mac that you had to send to repair due to a HARDWARE problem. Since there is a fairly a large collection of Macs., I would like to limit this only to Intel CD/C2D Macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Why limit only to those macs? If you want an honest opinion about the most of all macs, I would think all should be included. Just my humble opinion.

OP
novicew
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Please don't forget to give a short description to your problem.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Your survey is flawed. If you have a hundred people here and only 10 respond, what does that tell you. Is that 10% with problems or is that a 100% with problems.

OP
novicew
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am trying to figure out how much percentage of ppl. complain about a particular Mac. class (eg. 3/10 -> MB). It is certainly not the most representative sample population. Don't take it too serious :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You are not going to find out a percentage of who complains, when that is all you are asking for. lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro C2D 2.16
I don't think its such a bad idea as long as the limits are understood....that you will get a description of people who have had problems with new machines..who use this forum, who post to this forum, and who look at the "anything goes" section.
I voted..My MBP has beenin twice for fan problems...
-d

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
i don't have one yet, but i was playing around with a macbook at the apple store when it crashed. the clerk said it was the second one he had replaced in the store. (guess us buyers are a little rough on them!)

OP
novicew
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP leading the way ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.0 intel duo, 1gig ram
week 1 and my macbook is holding up allright

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Core Duo Mini doing fine after 5 months or so 24 hours a day. Not a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D 2GB, 24" imac 4GB
I dont quite get this survey. Is it not basically a survey on who owns what? I mean it would only really be vaild if only people who have owned all of the above voted, and I really dont think there are many people in the world that have owned all of them.

Anyway, I have a MBP (C2D) a MB (CD) and a Mini (g4) and my MB is the only one I have had trouble with, with the palmrest discolouring twice.

OP
novicew
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I dont quite get this survey. Is it not basically a survey on who owns what? I mean it would only really be vaild if only people who have owned all of the above voted, and I really dont think there are many people in the world that have owned all of them.

Anyway, I have a MBP (C2D) a MB (CD) and a Mini (g4) and my MB is the only one I have had trouble with, with the palmrest discolouring twice.

Well, you dont't have to own all of them. I only need to know your personal experience with ANY of the Intel based Macs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.