iTunes not ripping all cd tracks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini
Hey everyone. I'm new to macs, and I've been having a consistent problem lately. I've added all my mp3's to my iTunes library, and I've been using iTunes to re-rip all of my other cd's that I had previously ripped as .wma files for a wintel machine. Now, when I start importing from my cd, iTunes prompts me, asking if I want to import the cd. I click yes, and it begins ripping all the tracks, yet when I went into my library looking for some tracks, I found that many albums were missing the 1st track, some the first 2 tracks, some the first 3 tracks. Any idea why?

The tracks were identified thru cddb, and the little orange wheel popped up next to them, indicating that they were being imported. I watched the progress bar on several of the tracks, and verified that, indeed, they were completely ripped. I've had to go back to like 5 cd's and re-rip like 1/2/3 of the first few tracks, and it's getting annoying having to babysit to see which tracks don't seem to show up...

Reaction score
When your ripping, make sure the little blue box to the left of each track is checked. Otherwise, it won't import.

This is strange though. Maybe do you have something sorted funny in your iTunes Library view that is preventing you from seeing these tracks?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini
I ended up figuring it out, actually. I have been clicking on 'get cd tracks' *while* the songs were ripping. For some reason, this caused problems with the 1st couple of songs actually ripping. I now am clicking on 'get cd tracks' 1st thing, and letting the track names populate. Once all the track names are populated, and I commence with ripping, each and every song is ripped and saved with no problem. Thank you for your advice though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.