Can get my Ibook to connect to my winxp wifi network at home

Reaction score
Ok I just got a used ibook g 700 with the built-in airport card. I have a wifi network at home with WEP 128 bit security enabled. my thinkpad x30 connects fine but the ibook constantly says there was an error trying to log into the network. my wifi router is a netgear. any ideas or suggestions?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Ok I just got a used ibook g 700 with the built-in airport card. I have a wifi network at home with WEP 128 bit security enabled. my thinkpad x30 connects fine but the ibook constantly says there was an error trying to log into the network. my wifi router is a netgear. any ideas or suggestions?

Did you click the icon and change it from WEP Password to 40/128-bit Hex. If that does not work report back. With WEP you have to select which WEB it's using.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.