How do I setup middle click on macbook pro

N

nautica

I need to have an easy to use solution for middle click (firefox opens tabs and closes them with middle click)

On the trackpad I can tap with two fingers for right click, is there a way for middle click?

any good mod programs to hack this trackpad so its usefull like my t23 was?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
for now you can cmd(apple key)+click. I believe it does what you need. Also you can ctrl+click for right click as well.

Reaction score
you can't middle click on a stock OSX i think...or maybe there's some 3 key combo for middle clicking that's hidden somewhere...as for finding a hack i'd suggest you look around on MacUpdate and see what they have but i haven't heard of any programs out for MBP that let's you modify clicks. i could be wrong though.

but why not just use a mouse of some sort?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
There is only 'left' and 'right' (properly referred to as 'primary' and 'secondary') click on a standard trackpad. Most PC laptops (with the exception of Thinkpads, as you mention) only have two buttons too. What is it that you're trying to do that's not possible with only two buttons?

Reaction score
This is an old thread but I would also like an answer to this if you got one.

By the way, in answer to the person who asked how to do a middle button with only 2 buttons - you click both simultaneously, and its an indispensable facility if you come from the linux world since it serves as 'paste'.
I hate the long winded having to right-click or ctrl-click then select paste - surely Apple have at least one engineer who has heard of ergonomics :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.