What corresponds to Microsoft Word on the iMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White - 2.0GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HD
Pages is also a good one.

Pages works like a DREAM! I do not know what i would do without it. I would definatly recommed for you to buy iWork '06 (or wait for iWork '07 this january) instead of Office for Mac.

Office runs kind of slow under Rosetta. It takes about fifteen bounces on the dock to open Word. Pages opens in a blink.

Definatly get iWork '06 or '07.

If you dont want to pay, I have heard NeoOffice is great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
iWorks 07 !!! Do tell more . I was just about to pick up the tab and buy my free trail when I read this should I hold off ??

Ps I love Pages 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I think Davis is going on the (pretty safe) assumption that a new edition of iWork will be released in January, since '05 and '06 were announced in January of their respective years.

Pages is a nice package, but highly impractical as a general word processor.

I've created neat brochures and great looking resumes using Pages, but for everyday word processing I prefer to stick with Word: it's much simpler and has the formatting features I'm admittedly used to from using Word on Windows.

And for what it's worth, I just clicked the Word icon on my MacBook (Core Duo, 2 GHz, 2 GB memory) and the program came up in two "icon bounces." Pages came up in five.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
i enjoy using pages and MS Office, but i guess i am more used to office than pages. i tried using pages exclusively when i first got my iMac, but for some reason it does not format well when bouncing between the two. things saved in pages as a .doc did not come out quite right in word.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
I use the Windows version of Microsoft Office running on Crossover for Mac. However I will be buying Mac Office 2007 once it comes out, as long as it has the ribbon interface.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I use the Windows version of Microsoft Office running on Crossover for Mac. However I will be buying Mac Office 2007 once it comes out, as long as it has the ribbon interface.

You actually like that? I hated it!

I understand that a more 'OS X' styled Office is due for the Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
For my dissertation I used OpenOffice.org. I don't have (and don't want, tbh) an MS Office license and Word irritates me, and although I would have _loved_ to use pages, it has no outlining functions or anything; only the most basic of auto-numbering. If you're writing stuff for college, Pages may not be up your alley at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Can someone tell me was there an Upgrade from iWorks 05 to 06 or were you forced to buy a whole new package ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
It's what we call a "forklift upgrade." You have to buy the whole package.

Reaction score
At 79$ and Apple's rather steep increment in features (especially templates) I guess it's worth it.

Office sells at some exorbitant price of 400$ so Upgrades make sense or people won't swallow it anymore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
You may also wish to check out Abiword. Abiword is a well respected Open Source word processor which is MS-Word compatible. It is lightning fast and there is a Mac OS X native version of it. Check out www.abisource.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.