Question about Toast burner

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
When burning a DVD, how do you know that all of your clips will fit on one DVD? I know it has that bar along the big red burn button, but it seems to fill up, then change color to yellow, and then red. What do these colors mean? If I'm not making any sense tell me...I'll post screen shots...

M

MacHeadCase

If you have Toast Titanium just like I do, the info you need is included in the pane on the left side. If you look at the info, it will tell you when you added too much data before the burn process.

For photos I can add up to 4.38 GB of data, after that it simply won't fit on one DVD and I need to take some stuff off before the burn.

Toast1.jpg

Toast2.jpg

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
I guess I should have been more clear, I'm talking about when burning using the video feature, not data.

M

MacHeadCase

Oh ok I never burned any video before. Just moving the mouse cursor over the coloured line does tell you, in a mouse rollover, the capacity you are trying to burn into the CD or DVD though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well, since toast can compress the video, I'm guessing green stands for "fits without visual noise", yellow is: "fits, but only with heavy compression" and red stands for "not gonna fit!".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Well, since toast can compress the video, I'm guessing green stands for "fits without visual noise", yellow is: "fits, but only with heavy compression" and red stands for "not gonna fit!".

I would say that, that makes sense .

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.