LF keyboard keystrokes for firefox window toggle and to shut up the start up sound

Reaction score
Hello,

I usually have 2 firefox windows open on my new MBpro core2duo. I can easily keystroke through the various tabs in the windows but when i want to switch to the other window I usually hit Fn F10 to show all firefox windows then i have to drag my mouse and click on it. is there a key command for toggling between the f10 windows???? I can cmd tab through the open programs but it's not the same obviously.

Also, it's embarrassing as sweet potato pie when you start up your macbook in 100 person medical school lecture hall and the startup noise goes off. I try to mute my volume before shutting it down but is there a keystroke to override the noise on startup?

T, good with PCs, still awful with macs but in love with this laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Hello,

I usually have 2 firefox windows open on my new MBpro core2duo. I can easily keystroke through the various tabs in the windows but when i want to switch to the other window I usually hit Fn F10 to show all firefox windows then i have to drag my mouse and click on it. is there a key command for toggling between the f10 windows???? I can cmd tab through the open programs but it's not the same obviously.

You can use F10 to display all the active windows and use the left and right arrow keys to move between them(eg. move between two FF windows).

Also, it's embarrassing as **** when you start up your macbook in 100 person medical school lecture hall and the startup noise goes off. I try to mute my volume before shutting it down but is there a keystroke to override the noise on startup?

T, good with PCs, still awful with macs but in love with this laptop.

Try pressing F3 or Apple + F3 during boot up. You can also try this or this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.