Thinking of coming back...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" Imac
Hi All.

I had a mac for a couple of months last year but due to very poor service See Here from my local Apple Center I ended up returning it. Apple themselves I must say were brilliant.

But the problem is that even after all this time I really miss my mac, how it did everything I wanted better then windows and so I'm thining of getting another one.

My question is this, is there any site out there where I can find a list of Mac version of windows software simply and easily? (other then posting here and getting you guys to tell me?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Well, you can find MS software for the Mac HERE.

OP
BrianjG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" Imac
well I already know about the main stream stuff like iphoto, aperture, office, adobe mac version etc. But having since stopped using the mac I've picked up a few other bits that are handy day to day.

1. MS Live Writer (desktop blog publisher)
2. uTorrent (bittorrent client, best I found for the PC)
3. UltraISO (for creating, editing and burning ISO's)
4. Daemon Tools (virtual CD for mounting ISO's)
5. Getright (download manager)

(that blog link is very good)

Reaction score
Indiana; there's more than just corn here
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
well I already know about the main stream stuff like iphoto, aperture, office, adobe mac version etc. But having since stopped using the mac I've picked up a few other bits that are handy day to day.

1. MS Live Writer (desktop blog publisher)
2. uTorrent (bittorrent client, best I found for the PC)
3. UltraISO (for creating, editing and burning ISO's)
4. Daemon Tools (virtual CD for mounting ISO's)
5. Getright (download manager)

(that blog link is very good)

As far as torrent programs go, prepare to be disappointed. uTorrent is pretty awesome, and sadly nothing for OS X comes close yet. Transmission is pretty lightweight, but it gets banned at a lot of trackers. Azerus is bloated as ****, which leaves me with the mainline client as of now.

Number three has been killing me for a long time, I can make other image files with no effort on OS X but how the **** do I make ISOs?

For mounting images, OS X can mount a decent variety of files as it is, but you might want to check out toast for a better variety.

edit: I can't believe they censored that word! lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I believe that Toast will create ISO files.

Why dies a word censor surprise you? Most places have them.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Toast will make BIN files which according to all I have read are the same as ISO Images. You can also use Disc Utility and make a DMG image and then use HDUTIL from the terminal and convert it to an ISO image.
URL below shows the command line to convert DMG to ISO.

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20040121135301830

Here is another URL about using Toast for ISO's. It talks about making Toast images and just renaming the extension to .ISO.

Hope this helps. The little I do with ISO's I just make the DMG with Disk Utility and convert to ISO with the HDUTIL command.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.