Does OS X have a similar feature?

Q

Quruli

I have a problem when I play CoD2, when I press the change alphabet button (japanese model) CoD2 crashes. The OS doesnt as my VoIP still works. Is there anyway of closing the application without rebooting? Like Crl+alt+del in windows?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i'm not sure exactly what you're asking...

are you saying close a program while playing CoD2?

or does CoD2 still sort of run even hough it crashed?
if so, you can go to the blue apple and force an application to quit.

or is it something else?

OP
Q

Quruli

When I am playing CoD2 if I press the aplhabet change button which i next to the pace bar. The game freezes nothing in the game works. my VoIP still works and everything is ok but I cant do anything. I cant get to the apple just the same CoD2 screen but its frozen.

Reaction score
Launch Activity Monitor, find CoD2's process and hit the Quit Process button in the top left.

Reaction score
How can I launch activity monitor? Is there a eyboard shortcut?

Try Command+Spacebar to launch Spotlight (the blue circle with the white magnifying glass) type Activity Monitor and scroll to select then press enter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP
...or hit Apple-Option-ESC to bring up the Force Quit window. This would be the near-equiv of Windows' ctrl-alt-del.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
As djames said, hit Apple-Option-Esc, it will bring up the Force Quit (similar to End Task in Windows), and will show you the current applications running, select CoD2 from the list and Force Quit it. That should work for you.

Also, in regards to the Activity Monitor, what you can do is put a shortcut in the Dock so you can launch it easily at any time.

\Applications\Utilities is the directory of it. Just drag and drop the Activity Monitor icon to the dock for quick access. You can do that with pretty much anything in OS X.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.