Why is .Mac so expensive???

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Baggss, maybe you need to actually read what I'm posting. I acknowledged a long time ago that the premium can be justified by the convenience and ease. What I'm calling gouging is $50 for 1 additional gig of space.

you can upgrade your combined .Mac Mail and iDisk storage to 2 GB for an additional US$49.95* a year.

I get 3 gig of disk space from Google for free! Since I've already paid for all that convenience with the first $100 premium, why is so little additional space so expensive??? There's no excuse for it. All I'm saying is, give more space for that price or make it a heck of a lot cheaper. Understand ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Baggss, maybe you need to actually read what I'm posting. I acknowledged a long time ago that the premium can be justified by the convenience and ease. What I'm calling gouging is $50 for 1 additional gig of space.

I get 3 gig of disk space from Google for free! Since I've already paid for all that convenience with the first $100 premium, why is so little additional space so expensive??? There's no excuse for it. All I'm saying is, give more space for that price or make it a heck of a lot cheaper. Understand ?

I read it, but you seem to keep forgetting that in the rest of the discussion. I actually agree with you that it is a waste of money and I wouldn't use it, I just felt the need to point out that not everyone is going to be the same, and to many it would be perfectly justifiable.

Does you free 3Gb from Google give you the same level of integration as .Mac? The same tools? Does the drive mount as a drive icon on the Mac desktop? That's what people are paying for here, not the space. That being said for $99/year I have 30Gb of web space, but if I don't know how to use it, what good does it do me?

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
One more time:

Does you free 3Gb from Google give you the same level of integration as .Mac? The same tools? Does the drive mount as a drive icon on the Mac desktop? That's what people are paying for here, not the space.

Since I've already paid for all that convenience with the first $100 premium, why is so little additional space so expensive??? There's no excuse for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
On THAT particular point:

I agree about the bandwidth and the space,

I was not disagreeing with you there. Maybe you need to read better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.