PC Gaming via Boot Camp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Core Duo Macbook Pro
Are there any issues when playing games on XP via Boot Camp? Do they run well? Are any of you playing any recent PC games and getting good performance out of them? I have a Macbook Pro 17" 2.16 Ghz Core Duo.

Reaction score
Are there any issues when playing games on XP via Boot Camp? Do they run well? Are any of you playing any recent PC games and getting good performance out of them? I have a Macbook Pro 17" 2.16 Ghz Core Duo.

I have a new 2.33Ghz MBP C2D. Using Boot Camp means you're running a Wintel computer ... just forget that OS X even exists while you're playing games. If your video and RAM are up to the task, you should be in fine shape.

I have 2G of RAM and x1600 256M video. I was playing Neverwinter Nights 2 (which is known to run "choppy" on a lot of systems) and with the graphics settings all in the medium or high range it ran at a very fast framerate. Absolutely no complaints.

The ATI x1600 isn't the world's best mobile video card, but it seems capable of handling the best of what's out now. What came in your MBP CD?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Core Duo Macbook Pro
I've got a Macbook Pro Core Duo 2.16 Ghz, 1 GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM, ATI X1600 256 MB RAM.

I've lost touch with the PC gaming world - is that a good spec for gaming?

Reaction score
I've got a Macbook Pro Core Duo 2.16 Ghz, 1 GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM, ATI X1600 256 MB RAM.

I've lost touch with the PC gaming world - is that a good spec for gaming?

It'll run every game on the market now, however some newer games won't run well at the max resolution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.