Divx

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to Macs...I just bought a Macbook the other day, and would like to know how to install things in general. Right now, I'm having a problem with getting DivX installed. I went to the DivX download website:

http://www.divx.com/divx/mac/download/index.php

and downloaded "DivXInstaller.dmg"
How do I use this file?

Thanks,
Dan

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to Macs...I just bought a Macbook the other day, and would like to know how to install things in general. Right now, I'm having a problem with getting DivX installed. I went to the DivX download website:

http://www.divx.com/divx/mac/download/index.php

and downloaded "DivXInstaller.dmg"
How do I use this file?

Thanks,
Dan

G'day danimal,

Just double-click on the .dmg file and this will mount the volume. From the window that opens, just drag the App to your Applications folder and launch it from there. Then drag the volume to the trash to unmount it and do the same with the .dmg file.

Dmg's are nothing more than the container in which the App is stored for download.

The Volume launches a window from which you can copy the App to your Hard Drive.

In summing up:

Make sure you unmount the volume (trash it) and that you launch the App from your Application folder.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch man! OS-X is definitely a lot different than Windows... =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Thanks a bunch man! OS-X is definitely a lot different than Windows... =)

It is! Although there's alot of switchers on here including myself that should be able to help you out. Most people on here have or do use Windows at some point in time, so most people understand where your coming from.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.