• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Black Friday Sale

Reaction score
Hello all, I just got a Macbook the other day, and was wondering if anyone heard of any sales at Apple stores on Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving). I have 14 days to price match this baby. Thanks.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
My guess is that you will find some of the Apple related accessories on sale, but not the computer hardware.

Then there is the refurbished computer hardware.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Black Friday Sale @ Apple

link

I wonder what will be on sale! If the new Shuffle is anything less than $79 I'll be all over it like white on rice :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
FYI - it's up, they have a few nice deals (MacBooks are $100 off!).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 2Ghz 20", MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz 13"
iPod's 20-40 bucks off + free engraving :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0 ghz 1.25 RAM 60 GB
GREAT PRICES ON MACBOOKS! . . . not Macbook Pros . . . . darn!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
So I thought I would share my little Black Friday experience. The website had (I say 'had' because its down now) Airport Expresses on sale for 88 bucks a pop, I couldn't pass up all that WDS goodness! Near the end of completing my order it asked about shipping... I didn't want to wait or have to take a day off to sit home and receive it. I cancelled the transaction and hopped on the subway off to the 5th Ave store. I had no intention of leaving my house today but visions of zero dead spots danced in my head.

The store was packed, see pics below. I zero in on my prey swoop it up and proceed directly to check out. About 5 mins later a very chesty employee walks up to me and says something to me. I can't hear her over my iPod and reading lips is out of the question because my attention is um... elsewhere. I pop out my earbuds to learn that she can rescue me from retail **** if I'm paying with plastic. I jump at the chance, she swipes, I ogle, she bags, I ogle. Thats it I'm done. I ask for my receipt, she says its in my email, I take one last look, she catches me and smiles. I stop to snap a few pics of the chaos with my Pearl.

Finally arriving back home I check my email. GASP!!! $139.10!!!! Good thing I haven't opened the box yet. A quick check of the website reveals nothing because its down. Have I been bamboozled?

1-800-MY-APPLE. Hit zero twice to get a person. After one idiot tells me they can't help me they next person, Alex I think his name is, explains that not all deals are available via retail locations. But I can order one via the phone and get the discount. So after all that I have to go back and return the one sitting next to me. Bummer. I hope that was coherent.

P.S. I had the order sent to the office.

IMG00099.jpg

IMG00100.jpg

IMG00101.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
You're a braver man than I, Iron. There is absolutely no way I would walk into a retail store today.

Hope your return goes smoothly... :)

Reaction score
I'm really curious to find out how well, or bad, the retailers did. I went shopping at 7am and I found most shopping centers to be busy but not totally insane. I was able to make purchases at Circuit City, CompUSA, and the Apple store with a relatively short wait.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not sure about the rest of the country, but this report appeared in Crain's Chicago Business today:

(Crain’s) — From specialty boutiques in Chicago’s neighborhoods to the mega-malls of the city’s suburbs, shoppers on Friday morning showed up early and spent, giving retailers a reason to believe in a bright holiday season.

As expected, electronics were selling well with digital cameras and mp3 players in high demand, but even apparel seemed to be selling well.

Black Friday, which gained the moniker for once signifying the day when retailers saw their finances move from being in the red to being in the black, has not been the biggest shopping day of the year for at least a decade. Procrastinators de-throned the day after Thanksgiving and crowned the Saturday before Christmas as the heaviest shopping day of the year.

Still, Black Friday continues to mark the traditional kick-off to the holiday season and the period in which retailers reap a significant portion of annual sales and profits. About one-third of 2005 profits for the retail industry came during the last three months of the year, according to the International Council of Shopping Centers.

Still, Friday’s turnout had retailers optimistic that the holiday sales will be something to cheer about.

“If the number of shopping bags I see today is going to be any indication (of the holiday season), it is going to be great,” said Veda Holloway, spokeswoman for Ford City Mall on Chicago’s South side. “They’re here, they’re shopping and they’ve got bags.”

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i work in computer ops and server support for one of the "huge" us based electronics retailers. we're still getting pounded. and i've heard just stunning numbers from our .dotcom guys, never mind just the brick and morter retail stuff. luckily our site didn't crap out like walmart or amazon ;).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro - Two 2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon "Woodcrest" processors - OS X Leopard
I waited until Friday to order my Mac Pro computer. I was a little disappointed that all of the other computers seemed to be on sale except for the Mac Pro. Figures! I have such rotten luck with stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
If it makes you feel any better, Pro machines are never on sale unless there is a refresh of the line.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro - Two 2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon "Woodcrest" processors - OS X Leopard
Thanks. It actually does make me feel a bit better.

I wonder why though? Do they not want to sell them? It appears as though they are pushing more towards their iMacs, which are not as upgradable or as easy to work with if you want to change something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple probably realizes that the typical buyer of the Pro machines is not as influenced by price as those who buy the consumer-grade machines. Actually, this is typical in the computer industry in general.

They just released numbers for this year's Black Friday, and across the USA spending was up 6% over last year's Black Friday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I suppose this is why the price remained frozen on the Pro. It's funny because all week long I thought to myself that the Pro likely would not be affected by this sale. Normally stuff that I go after is not the typical consumer stuff and therefore you are right - companies don't seem to put these items on sale.

The cost of the Pro is around $3,000. Canadian. I just hope that this computer lasts me for a good long time. I don't want to shell out that kind of money again for a very long while.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
has ANYONE seen a sale in a apple store? I never have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0 ghz 1.25 RAM 60 GB
Well, abou the Pro - If you are a college student in the US, the MBP is 1799 for the lowest one! That's $200 off! I almost got one, but I remembered that I need to save for a wedding. . . :D

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Well, abou the Pro - If you are a college student in the US, the MBP is 1799 for the lowest one! That's $200 off! I almost got one, but I remembered that I need to save for a wedding. . . :D
Congrat on your up coming nuptials.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.